Monday, June 3, 2013

Process Writing - Final Piece

I definitely need to revamp my structure and focus in this piece.  I found it really hard to figure out a structure this time because I wasn't able to see Ryan in the context of his gin distillery...which is what I had planned to focus on.  When I interviewed Mel, my time spent with her just worked perfectly as the story structure and I think I tried to start off this piece like that, to no avail.  The beginning is pretty bad at the moment and I think before class on Wednesday I will try and do a Franklin outline to help a little bit.

I also had sort of a harder time interviewing Ryan than I did with Mel.  He didn't really give me anything beyond the questions I asked, so I ended up having to ask a bunch of little follow-up questions to get anywhere.  I have a few more interviews set up for later this week so hopefully those shed some light.  I just sort of need to figure out what conflict, if any, there is in this story and work to structure around that.  Any and all comments are welcome!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment